Migrating an SAP database and application environment, along with the associated system software and unbundled products, is one of the most demanding tasks an IT team can encounter. In general, there are two types of migration: homogeneous and heterogeneous. A homogeneous migration is a migration from one platform and database architecture to the same platform and database. A heterogeneous migration is a migration from one platform and database architecture to a different platform and database.
Our consulting services are provided by experienced and certified SAP consultants. They assist our customers in the planning and execution of SAP OS/DB migration projects. The projects are executed according to SAP guidelines and best practices derived from numerous customer projects.
Read more about our SAP Consulting Services: Flyer SAP Consulting
SAP OS/DB Migration Services
We offer the following SAP OS/DB migration services:
- SAP landscape design
- Support with Hardware Sizing
- Planning the migration project
- Planning and execution of Proof of Concept
- Database installation
- SAP system installation
- Performing the migration
- Validating the migration
- SAP system integration (Solution Manager, connectivity to other SAP systems)
- SAP performance analyses and optimizations
- Planning and performing disaster recovery tests
- Performance testing
- Final system preparation for technical Go-Live
- Go-Live support
Understandably, managers are apprehensive about how their business might be affected during the migration. Our certified SAP consultants will provide answers to the following questions:
- How long will the migration take?
- For how long and during what period will the SAP applications be unavailable?
- Will production operations be interrupted or compromised?
- What is the risk of losing critical data during the downtime?
- How much will the migration cost?
- Will critical members of the IT team be unavailable to perform their normal duties?